Don’t forget that in warm weather your dog feels hot and bothered just like you do! He also needs to drink plenty of water to keep cool and frozen treats can be a great way to increase your dogs water intake. You can find instructions for how to make our favourite natural and healthy frozen treats by following this link.
A stuffed, frozen KONG toy provides a longer lasting cool treat that can also help with boredom if your pup is at home alone– take care that he doesn’t decide to enjoy it on the sofa though, they can make quite a mess!
You can experiment with any combination of the following ingredients:
- Yogurt (plain)
- Banana, blueberries, strawberries, vegetables such as beans
- Canned pumpkin (no more than about a tablespoon per serving as more can cause diarrhea)
- Wet dog food such as MHIMS available from our online shop
- Ground beef or other ground meats (plain, lean)
- Shredded chicken or turkey (plain, lean)
- Diced carrots and/or apples
- Mini healthly and naural dog treats like green & wilds tiddlers or love hearts etc, available from The Woof Shop.
Mix everything together, either by hand or use a blender or food processor. For easy stuffing, put the mixture in an icing piping bag. If you don’t have this, try filling a plastic zip-top bag and cutting one of the bottom corners off. Squeeze the bag’s content into the Kong and freeze for at least two hours, (but overnight is best) before serving.
How Can The Woof Club Help You?
You can let your imagination run wild when dreaming up fillings for your Kong! We think that you will have as much fun making them as your dog will have enjoying them! We would love to hear about your recipe successes and see your finished products. Send us your videos and photos please! If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us by submitting a form online or sending us an email at email@example.com .