What is EM®?
EM® stands for Effective Microorganisms®, a brand name referring to a family of microbial-based products using a technology developed by Japanese scientist Dr. Teruo Higa. The main product, EM·1®, is a liquid bacterial product comprising three groups of microbes: Yeast, Photosynthetic Bacteria, and Lactic Acid Bacteria. EM·1® works together with local and native beneficial microbes, creating a synergy among microorganisms and larger forms of life including insects and worms, pets and livestock, and people. The EM 1 product is added to silicon which is then baked to create the hard bead used in these collars.
Bio resonance describes the suble energy fields related to living and non living things. All matter of the universe is constantly exchanging vibration of different wavelengths. These vibrations, caused by electromagnetic waves, affect us even though they may not be visible and we may not be aware of their existence. They are emitted from every living and non living material and no two vibrations are alike. The EM ceramic beads have their own particular electromagnetic frequency and this is now known to be unpleasant to ticks and other similar insects. It is this phenomenon that makes these collars effective against ticks on our animals and indeed for us too, if we wear such a bracelet. The tick is discouraged from attaching itself .
How Does EM™ Work?
EM™ (Effective Microorganism) ceramics emit far infrared waves, the longest rays in the light spectrum. This wavelength is highly compatible with human and animal tissue. Far Infrared waves can create an improved and balanced environment in your dog which can help keep ticks from attaching to your dog. Far Infrared waves remove blood cell clusters which improves blood circulation. Because the infrared rays penetrate the tissue, they work deep into body tissue, not just on the surface of the skin.
EM™ ceramics are made by fermenting a special clay with approximately 80 different microorganisms (EM) and then baked. The pipes are baked at 1200 C, during which the structure of the clay changes, trapping the EM within its matrix. As a result, these EM pipes exert their influence purely through their physical properties and remain effective for a long time.
An EM™ Tick Collar should not have any side effects commonly associated with chemical treatments. This should make it safer for dogs with allergies and sensitivities. However, there is no 100% guarantee EM collars nor any other tick product will keep ticks off you or your pets. The best prevention is to avoid known tick areas, and to check your dog AND yourself for ticks after every nature walk.
EM ceramics are safe for children and other pets to be around (but they are not toys nor food!).
- YOU WILL GET THE BEST RESULTS WHEN YOUR DOG WEARS THE COLLAR ALL THE TIME. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO KEEP THE EM™ COLLAR ON AT ALL TIMES DURING THE TICK SEASON.(IT CAN TAKE UP TO 4 WEEKS UNTIL THE EM’S START TO DO THEIR JOB)
- RINSE THE COLLAR THOROUGHLY UNDER WARM TAP WATER AND LET IT DRY IN THE SUN ABOUT EVERY SECOND WEEK. (DON’T USE SOAP OR OTHER CHEMICALS!) IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KEEP THE BEADS CLEAN! YOU CAN ALSO USE A LITTLE NAIL BRUSH, IF YOU WANT TO.
- IF YOU ARE USING ESSENTIAL OILS OR A BUG SPRAY IN ADDITION TO THE EM COLLAR, MAKE SURE THE EM CERAMIC BEADS STAY OIL/FAT FREE!!!
- SWIMMING WITH THE EM™COLLAR IS NO PROBLEM; JUST LET IT DRY IN THE SUN AFTERWARDS. (ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT TO BE USED IN POOL WATER WITH BLEACH OR OTHER CHEMICALS IN IT! )
- IT IS RECOMMENDED TO RENEW THE EM™ COLLAR EVERY YEAR.
- AN EM™ COLLAR IS ONLY AN ADDITION TO YOUR MAIN COLLAR! PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH A LEASH TO IT!
- FOR YOUR DOGS SAFETY: PLEASE TAKE THE EM™COLLAR OFF, WHEN YOUR DOG IS PLAYING ROUGHER THAN ‘NORMAL’ WITH OTHER DOGS. IT IS NO PROBLEM TO TAKE THE COLLAR OFF FOR A LITTLE BIT DURING THE DAY.
HOW TO MEASURE MY DOG’S NECK SIZE?
MEASURE SNUG AROUND YOUR DOG’S NECK USING A CLOTH MEASURING TAPE POSITIONED WHERE NORMALLY THE COLLAR SITS.
TIP: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLOTH TAPE MEASURE, TRY USING A PIECE OF THICKER STRING AND THEN MEASURE THE STRING WITH A RULER.
ALWAYS MEASURE YOUR DOG STANDING- NOT LAYING DOWN.
ANOTHER OPTION IS TO TAKE A MEASURING TAPE AND MEASURE THE INSIDE CIRCUMFERENCE OF YOUR DOGS EXISTING AND WELL FITTING COLLAR. THE COLLAR HAS TO BE CLOSED IN THIS CASE!!!
DO NOT MEASURE YOUR DOGS COLLAR LAYING FLAT AND OPEN OR AROUND THE OUTSIDE OF THE COLLAR.